My hometown for the next 5 months..

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finally here and working!

After the week and a half delay from the volcano and a VERY long journey (including three different airports) I have finally made it!
I am currently staying with a family friend in a town called Edgware which is about 30min north of central London. This wonderful family has provided Quinn and I a home away from home until we are able to find our own apartment (which currently is taking longer than I would have hoped!)But it really is wonderful here, we are both being looked after so well :)

Today was my first day of work at The Kensington Hotel (Doyle Collection) as a server in their lounge-restaurant. After an hour and a half commute on the tube station I arrived at one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. With 3 million dollar condos surrounding it and a Lamborghini dealership across the street it really is in one of the most expensive neighbourhoods in all of London. The hotel is beautiful from inside to out, with an amazing blend of traditional and modern decor.

To my suprise I was thrown right into serving, as they seem to take a more ``learn as you go`` approach. I was already serving tables on my first shift!I was kept busy all day and have met so many wonderful people from all over the world. Other servers I met today have come from places like Luithian, Spanin and Iran. It seems that the hotel business over here is a very global sector of the career market. I havent even got to hear that many English accents yet!

Anyways enough for now my shift starts at 7am tomorrow which means I am waking up at 4am to get there in time! I will be sure to keep you all posted on how everything is going and how my job progresses over the next few weeks!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment